Graduate Metallurgist - EFD
Eriez Flotation Division (EFD) provides advanced engineering, metallurgical testing and innovative flotation technology for the mining and minerals processing industries. This division is a new operating entity combining the minerals processing expertise of Eriez and its world-wide subsidiaries, formally known as Canadian Process Technologies (CPT). Strengths in process engineering, equipment design and fabrication have enabled the EFD to assume a leadership role in meeting increasing global demands for minerals flotation systems.
We are currently seeking a graduate metallurgist / Process Engineer for a full-time twelve months contract with a possible extension to permanent role. The successful candidate will be responsible for providing support to the process engineering team as well as working closely with the engineering design team.
- Planning and overseeing in-house and on-site test programs, including data analysis and reporting.
- Supporting the process engineering team for on-site commissioning
- Ensure successful coordination between our group and outside organizations.
- Supervise pilot plant equipment installation at customer sites.
- Domestic and International Travel (Can be up to 25% or more of the time).
- Identify and develop continuous improvement initiatives.
- Implementation of practical improvement outcomes
- Bachelor’s Degree in chemistry, Chemical Engineering, Metallurgy or similar.
- A minimum of 1-year experience in the mining industry as a Metallurgist.
- Experience in froth flotation separation process is desirable.
- Good knowledge about laboratory equipment for sample preparation and metallurgical testing such as flotation machine and classifier.
- Good computer skills and familiarity with programs such as MS Word, Excel, PowerPoint, Visio as well as AutoCAD.
- Fluency in English with good verbal and written skills.
- Well organized with good leadership skills.
- Right to work in Australia
- Current C Class VIC driver’s license or equivalent
As a core member of our process engineering team, you will have the opportunity to visit a number of different flotation plants and gain unique experience in mineral processing. In our global process engineering team, we work together very closely, and you will have ownership of your role and you as an individual will make a real impact on the project.
If you would like further information regarding this position or are having issues applying for the role, please email firstname.lastname@example.org stating Graduate Metallurgist position in the subject line.