Burn Table Lift Magnet
Eriez Burn Table Lift Magnet System
Moving a large number of parts from a burn table can be a very time consuming process. Eriez’ new air-operated Burn Table Full Coverage Lift Magnet System utilizes a large, full-contact magnetic surface area to move multiple cut parts from the burn table in a single lift. The magnetic circuit design eliminates gaps on the surface, enabling the magnet to pick up skeletons as well.
Another benefit of the Eriez design is the ability to pick up single sheets of thinner material from a stack for table loading, down to 3/16" sheet. With a max capacity of roughly 135 lbs per square foot, the Burn Table magnet can handle thick plate steel as well. The full coverage capabilities eliminate manual handling and the need for operators climbing on the table, resulting in more efficient burn table operation.
Operation of the system requires only an overhead hoist and an air supply. The simple solenoid valve on the unit can be wired into existing crane controls, whether it’s a wired pendant control or hands-free radio control. The air source can be from shop air or a small dedicated compressor mounted above on the crane bridge. The permanent magnet circuit eliminates costly lift magnet controllers and safety concerns due to power failures. The system is also very energy efficient, needing only a small amount of air to cycle fully.
Features & Benefits
- Lift single sheet from a stack down to 3/16" thick
- Handles plates up to 3" thick
- Lift cut parts out of skeleton, or lift skeleton as well
- Separate parts from skeleton with properly designed sorting table
- Standard sizes: 2' x 2', 4' x 4' & 4' x 10'; custom sizes available
- Fast, efficient removal of multiple cut parts
- Keeps personnel off table
- Eliminates manual handling of heavy parts
- No dropped parts due to power failure
- Easy integration into existing crane controls
- Extremely energy efficient
For technical assistance, more information or a request for quote, please complete this form.